It seems like marketers exploit unique dates and holidays more and more as time goes on. Not that I'm complaining; any excuse to have a crazy sale is fine by me! Great post!
09/09/09: A Good Day to Have a Sale
Hey did you hear it’s 09/09/09 :) ? Are you tired of hearing about it yet? A buncha people are doing fun things in honor of this *holiday (*can be call it a holiday?).
Google of course has a fun logo
Threadless is selling T-Shirts for $9
Wet Seal has $9 Deals and 99 cent Shipping
There are a few Etsy stores capitalizing on sale opportunities
- Take 9 dollars off any item in the shop. BetsyRyland
- For today only, $0.99 flat rate shipping on all single cards (sets not included). PaperFairy
- Shipping is only 99 cents on anything you buy in our etsy shop! Today only! TaylorAiden
- ONLY one day sale buy ONE necklace is a regular price and get the 2nd necklace for 9 dollars less sJ engraving
- NanLawson: in honor of my 25th birthday on 09/09/09 I am having a 25% off sale! see my shop announcement for the deets!! http://nanlawson.etsy.com
- 9 items for 9 dollars! Check it! The White Mole
to find more 09/09/09 Etsy sales this is the search I ran on twitter
The Beatles Remastered Albums are Available Today
Photo: Michael Ochs Archive/Getty – Rolling Stone
Beatles Rock Band goes on Sale today
Did I miss any?September 9, 2009 in Fun & Festive
I think people are drawn to numbers. Probably some weird tie to our roots and obsessions with mysticism, which are usually expressed as a mechanism to control and understand the world around us better. But yes, good day for a sale! :)
I'm going to get Beatles Rock Band tonight...and I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm also going to buy my husband a Threadless tee. Thanks for writing about it!
We're running a 09/09/09 promotion on our online scheduling software. Just use the code BOOKD090909 when you sign up at http://bookd.com. Great post, Elysa! Love your stuff!