The Gaylord Texan has transformed into a winter wonderland for its 13th year of Lone Star Christmas. Now through January 1, 2017, locals and tourists can experience holiday activities, live entertainment and stunning holiday displays. Read on for more details!
Highlights of Lone Star Christmas
- 2 million holiday lights decorating the resort’s indoor atriums
- 2 million pounds of hand-carved ice for ICE! featuring “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town”
- 2 million pounds of real Texas snow for a two-story tall, 12-lane snow tubing hill
- A 6,000-square- foot outdoor ice skating rink
- A 54-foot- tall Christmas tree adorning the center atrium
- Magical miniature train sets throughout the property
- 25-foot-tall Nutcrackers overlooking joyful families
- 2,300 decorated wreaths, 5,600 feet of garland, and 15,000 festive ornaments
Santa Claus is coming to town at ICE!
4o ice artisans from China traveled to Grapevine to carve 2 MILLION pounds of ice for this spectacular exhibit. This season’s theme, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town,” presents beautiful ice sculptures storytelling the classic Christmas movie. The 14,000-square-foot attraction is kept at 9 degrees (brrrr!). The staff provide large parkas to help keep you warm, but I suggest you bring scarves and gloves too!
More festive activities around the hotel this year include snow tubing, an outdoor ice rink, photos with Santa and much more. Click here for more details.
Enjoy discounted admission to ICE! with our code “eggnog.” The promo is valid now until 11/22 (excluding Fridays after 5 p.m. and Saturdays after 5 p.m.; other restrictions apply).
(Disclaimer: My visit to ICE! was complimentary, and all opinions expressed here are my own. Happy holidays!)