Haaaapppppppyyyyy blogiversary to me [insert awful singing voices here]. April 20th was my 1 year blogiversary!
What I learned through my first year of blogging …
- It’s quite complicated to write an introduction to something that you’ve never done but I think this first year has turned out pretty close to what I planned – What is GenPink?
- For me comments make me feel like I’m in a popularity contest at school. I love it when I have a lot of comments on my posts. My first high commented post was Top 5 ways to entertain yourself when you are bored [at work]
- The more I blogged the more blogs I began reading and the more things I wanted to share with my readers. That’s how I first started deciding to do occasional roundup of fun things I liked around the web.
- Since the internet is such a vast sea of information it’s very cool when you are connected or compared to some of the big names. My first experience with this was being apart of The W List: Outstanding Women Bloggers and then came The Twenty Something Bloggers (20SB) network.
- After being linked with other bloggers I decided I wanted to have bloggers join my blog. I started having various guest bloggers in September and have continued this through the Twenty Something Advice series and then in March with The ABCs of Gen Y
- I learned that I loved it when other people blog about me. It’s fun to have 5 minutes of internet fame.
- I also learned that mini-blogging and twittering can be a fun edition to blogging.
- Something interesting I discovered is sometimes it’s the short posts that ask a great question spark more conversation that the more in-depth posts.
- With blogging as in life it’s fun to receive awards.
and last but not least … the blogging world has taught me that people love give-aways so
How do you enter? That’s fairly simple, just go leave a comment on any of my posts from the last year. I will keep track of all of the commenters from now until May 1 and I will announce the winner Friday, May 2. Linking to this post from your blog will get you another entry into the pot and linking to any of my previous posts/series will also get you a chance. So you have a possibility of being entered 3 times.April 21, 2008 in blog, Blogging, blogiversary, Creativity, giveaway