By 30, you should know:
- How to fall in love without losing yourself.
- How you feel about having kids.
- How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
- When to try harder and when to walk away.
- How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
- The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town.
- How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
- How to take control of your own birthday.
- That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
- That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
- What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
- That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long.
- Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
- Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
- Why they say life begins at 30.
Editor and Chief Bloggess of GenPink, Elysa calls herself a "
I'm 34 now and wouldn't trade my 30s for my 20s for anything. My 30s have been fabulous so far! The most important thing I've learned is probably that "there are no 'shoulds'". This list included!
How to take control of your happiness and, when doing so, not apologizing for it. Love this list, especially as I inch closer to the 30 mark (February 2013) and see the truth in each of these, the funny and the serious.
I've seen this before and it really resonates with me! I am turning 26 in a couple of months and I find myself looking at this list and wondering how much of it I can check off and what parts I need to work on. I also then have slight panic attacks at the fact that I now only have 4 years left before I really, really would want to have a baby. Yikes! And I am still single =(