Geek girl’s guide to packing for SXSWi (part 1)
This week I will be attending my fourth SXSW interactive conference! For me, since a) I get paid to be a professional geek girl and b) it’s a three hour drive, it’s a no-brainer to join 40 bajillion other people for nerd spring break. Naturally, since I’ve been 3 other times I have this packing thing down. Here is how it goes:
- tweet at least 3 times, over several days that you can’t believe it is time for SXSW already
- (optional) spend many hours washing all the clothes you ever owned the weekend before SXSW
- schedule activities, projects, and a few “urgent matters” for the days leading up
- groan about not wanting to pack to anyone that will listen
- ask other nerds you see in real life if they have packed
- feel better about yourself, clearly planning ahead is overrated
- tweet again, and maybe add to Facebook about dreading packing
- spend hours doing something geeky that probably could wait until you get back in town
- write a blog post
- wait til 5 minutes before you need to leave and throw ALL.THE.THINGS in a bag. As long as you remember gadget chargers you’re golden.
Related: GenPink has a new look!March 7, 2012 in sxsw, sxswiin sxsw, sxswi
Editor and Chief Bloggess of GenPink, Elysa calls herself a "