Don’t you just love a fun counting book?! They are so fun to read with littles, and they’re so good for their brain development and growth! And counting books are not just for kiddos who are old enough to start learning numbers and counting, they’re are also great for infants and help form the basis for their understanding of numbers and math.
We’ve rounded up seven of our favorite counting books for you to check out (and a bonus, with Easter coming up, any of these would make fantastic Easter basket fillers)!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through our link, we get a small kick-back (at no additional cost to you) for referring you.
1. First up on our list is Ten Twinkly Stars. We absolutely love snuggling up and winding down for bedtime with the adorable, cuddly animals in this book. Also, the stars are die-cut, so they’re great for little fingers to feel as they point and help count down from 10 to one!
2. Next in our roundup, is Ten Little Ladybugs. This one also counts down from 10 to one and also is very tactile for little fingers; the ladybugs are raised up on each page, which is great for kiddos learning to count as they point! The sweet illustrations, lovely rhymes and happy ending will help you to love reading this book with your kiddos again and again!
3. The third counting book in our roundup is Ten Rubber Duckies. Are you noticing a theme here? ;) This book is from the same creators as Ten Little Ladybugs, and it is just as fantastic! The duckies in this book are raised, which, again, makes it great for those little fingers to feel as they learn to count! And a surprise that everyone will love at the end — the last duckie squeaks!
4. Next up on our list, Jungle Count, Rhyme, Touch & Feel. The illustrations are so sweet, and the rhymes are fun and frolicking to read! This book counts down from 5 to 1 with giraffes, elephants, zebras, parrots and lions. Each page has a unique touch & feel element to keep your little one engaged and interested through the whole book!
5. Counting Dogs is the next book recommendation in our roundup. With super cute dogs, bright and colorful pages, and a clever story box book format, this book will have your little one excited and engaged for a long time! The tabbed pages are also great for little fingers who are learning to turn pages by themselves!
6. Our next counting book pick is Ready, Set Count (Now I Know). The Cars enthusiast in your house will love working on counting with Lightning McQueen, and you’ll love snuggling up on the couch and reading with your little love!
7. Last, but certainly not least, in our counting books roundup is Five Silly Monkeys. We love this fun, bouncy take on the classic “Five Little Monkeys” song! Your littles will love counting down the cute, touchable plastic monkeys as they jump out of the bed!
We hope that you find some counting inspiration with this fun list of books! Reading with your kiddos is one of the best ways to help develop their little brains, and it’s the perfect opportunity to snuggle up with your little ones. Happy reading!