This upcoming month is going to be jam packed with excitement, and traveling, and meeting fabulous people. Pretty sure I’ve never been so excited!
What’ I’m looking forward to this month:
- 3rd: I’m going to be on TV! I was interviewed by a local new station about my blog and life in the social media world. It airs Wednesday night the 3rd in Dallas some time in the 7-9pm slot on channel 21. I know it’s also set to re-air on channel 11, not sure of the date yet. If I figure out how to get a version online I will most definitely share.
- 3rd-4th: I’m going to Memphis for work. This is my first traveling by myself adventure since I’ve been at my current job (June 2009).
- 10th: I’m on the board of the local Social Media Club (Dallas) – we are having a tweetup (aka geek happy hour) after work just for fun. If you’re in the Dallas area – join us!
- 11th-17th: This deserves about 47 exclamation points – I’m going to Austin for SXSW!! Since this blog is targeted to Gen Y, and you may not all be as nerdtastic as I am, I’ll be blogging about the panels from SXSW on my personal blog Elysa Says. Also, I have an ever-growin twitter list of who to watch/meet at SXSW, if you want to be added to the list just let me know.
- Monday the 15th @ 3:30pm: For all of you lucky enough to be attending SXSW mark your calendars. I’m on a panel with 4 fabulous Gen Yers. We are speaking about Why Gen Y Wants to Work ‘With’ You, Not ‘For’ You. Though we all are gen y, our work experience and current working environments are very different.
- Sydney Owen work out of the Chicago office of Weber Shandwick – one of the world’s leading global public relations firms with offices in major media, business and government capitals around the world
- Ryan Paugh is the Co-Founder and Director of Community at Brazen Careerist, Inc. His job is to manage and develop one of the top social networks for Generation Y professionals.
- Nisha Chittal is a writer, blogger, and new media consultant, she’s based out of Washington D.C. working as a Digital Strategist for New Media Strategies which has about 100 employees.
- Ben Smithee (aka my glober trotter friend) is a founder and Managing Partner of Spych Research, he works with a small team but gets to travel to work directly with his large client base.
- and then there’s me: Elysa Rice, I work for Ellipse Communications, Inc. we provide websites and develop software for the multifamily industry (apartments). Our company can best be described as entrepreneur owned and operated with a little less than 50 employees, if we don’t count the Spiderman cut-out (he’s doesn’t produce a lot of work these days).
- 23rd-24th: I will be attending the Optimization Summits, two days of unconventional conferencing which is sure to give us a few ideas for what’s next in our marketing plan.
- Tuesday 23rd @ 6pm: Jason Falls, will be our featured speaker at the Social Media Club of Dallas talking about social media best practices for agencies and corporate marketers.
And so there you have it ladies and gents! What are you looking forward to this month?