The Video Association of Dallas kicks off its 33rd annual Dallas VideoFest – Docufest from Thursday, Oct. 1 through Sunday, Oct. 4, 2020. The event features a mix of documentary movies to watch from at home, as well as several taking place via a drive-in at the Tin Star Theater in Trinity Groves (2712 Beeville, Dallas, TX).
Hours for films shown online will be scheduled in the evenings on Thursday and Friday and starting at noon on Saturday and Sunday. Movies at the drive-in theater will be scheduled after sunset. Click here to see the full schedule broken out by day.
- Everyone should bring an open mind and an adventurous spirit.
- A mask or cloth that covers your nose and mouth. Masks when interacting with festival staff or volunteers from inside your vehicle.
- A debit/credit card (some points of sale will be cashless due to COVID-19).
- Camping chairs and blankets allowed.
- Do not bring outside food/drink, a bad attitude, weapons of any kind or drugs/paraphernalia.
All tickets will be sold online only, and each film is ticketed individually (or in film blocks). Day/weekend passes are not available this year.
Feature Films/Film-Block Tickets only: $6
Each film will play once and will have start and stop time; no streaming
There will be no tickets available for sale in person at The Tin Star Theater, and there is a limited capacity of 70 cars. Each ticket is good for one vehicle to attend the selected screening.
The price level for each ticket varies based on how many people will be in your vehicle –
1-Person Car: $12
2-Person Car: $21
3+-Person Car: $30
Be safe and have fun, movie friends!