Love this list. Did you make a difference with someone? Well this week I know for sure you did. Last night I was crying myself to sleep and twittered a few words from Sarah McLachlan's Angel and all you did was say you liked that song too. Suddenly I didn't feel alone anymore. It's amazing how complete strangers can dry each other's tears. Thanks Elysa. <3
25 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday
In the fast paced world that is microblogging and social media there are numerous blog posts, articles and various links posted every minute. There are a multitude sites you can browse most popular links shared, but even then the chance of catching all of the great content is pretty unlikely. I was lucky yesterday to see a link to a blog post written in July 2008 that absolutely inspired me. The blog is Marc and Angel Hack Life and the post is 20 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday.
I have 20 questions for you. These questions should be reviewed every Sunday morning or sometime during the weekend when you have some quiet time to think. Remember, reflection is the key to progression.
The questions are explained in more detail on the original post, but here are the questions:
- What did I learn last week?
- What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
- Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
- What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week?
- What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
- What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week?
- What was last week’s biggest time sink?
- Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped?
- What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
- What opportunities are still on the table?
- Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to?
- Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘Thank You’?
- How can I help someone else this coming week?
- What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years?
- Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
- What’s the next step for each goal?
- What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week?
- What are my fears?
- What am I most grateful for?
- If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with?
And of course I have a few of my own to add:
- Who can I inspire this week?
- Did I tell the people in my life how much they mean to me?
- Did I make a difference with someone?
- Did I learn something?
- Have I done something creative this week?
What questions do you ask yourself every week?January 17, 2010 in Inspiration, weekly
Wow. That's A LOT of questions. I simply ask myself: What can I do this week to the best of my ability take care of the people I love, my career/students, my home and myself?
I agree with Sara's comment...Sunday's are often my "ick" day when I can get a bit of a foul attitude--and for no good reason, really.I VERY much enjoyed this, Elysa! Thank you!
This post is seriously AWESOME. Thanks so much for sharing! I always get this terrible anxious feeling most Sunday and I think this is such a great way to feel organized and get myself mentally "prepped" for the week. I'm going to try it this Sunday, and I'll let you know how it goes!
This is fantastic! I just came over from WriterJax's post. I have decided I need to get in the habit of sitting down on Sunday evening to plan for the week. I love the idea of adding this to the routine.
First Question for me is what do I want to stand for this week, and did I stand for it last week, or were my motives questionable?I like your Q about inspiring people and the one about being creative. I wish I had learned to prioritize those things a few years ago when I was in a really stressful job. It would have helped a lot! :)Nice Post!
I love, love love this! I'm printing it out and posting it in my bathroom to inspire me every day!Thanks for sharing this with us!