In the fast paced world that is microblogging and social media there are numerous blog posts, articles and various links posted every minute. There are a multitude sites you can browse most popular links shared, but even then the chance of catching all of the great content is pretty unlikely. I was lucky yesterday to see a link to a blog post written in July 2008 that absolutely inspired me. The blog is Marc and Angel Hack Life and the post is 20 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Every Sunday.
I have 20 questions for you. These questions should be reviewed every Sunday morning or sometime during the weekend when you have some quiet time to think. Remember, reflection is the key to progression.
The questions are explained in more detail on the original post, but here are the questions:
- What did I learn last week?
- What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
- Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
- What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week?
- What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
- What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week?
- What was last week’s biggest time sink?
- Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped?
- What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
- What opportunities are still on the table?
- Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to?
- Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘Thank You’?
- How can I help someone else this coming week?
- What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 years?
- Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
- What’s the next step for each goal?
- What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week?
- What are my fears?
- What am I most grateful for?
- If I knew I only had one week to live, who would I spend my time with?
And of course I have a few of my own to add:
- Who can I inspire this week?
- Did I tell the people in my life how much they mean to me?
- Did I make a difference with someone?
- Did I learn something?
- Have I done something creative this week?
What questions do you ask yourself every week?