[Update: Nablopomo did not end up happening for me but the ABCs were finally launched in March (nothing slow about me!) – this was originally written in 2007]
Today marks day 1 of November which also means the beginning of NaBloPoMo – National Blog Posting Month. I will be posting every day for the month of November. I decided that I wanted to have a theme to make my postings tie together.
Since GenPink is about being a twenty something woman I decided my theme would be the ABCs of life in your twenties. To get things started today I’m going to do the ABCs of me. I got this idea from Courtney. This will give you a little background for my upcoming posts.
- a: Athletic – a word that should never be used in a sentence with my name. I am the most unathletic person ever. I don’t even know how to ride a bike, yep you read that right I never learned.
- b: Blog – I started this blog out of curiosity and now I love it. Blogging is a great resource for connecting with the world.
- c: Camera – I love taking pictures. I also love photoshopping pictures. Every picture that is ever put up by me has been doctored in some way or another.
- d: Design – I am a designer. I tell people I “make stuff pretty” for a living. Sometimes ugly designs drive me batty. Like ugly restaurant menus don’t get me started.
- e: Elysa – that’s my name. My mom saw it on a purple billboard when she was riding a motorcycle in Paris when she was in her twenties. The question is, do you know how to say it …
eh (as in Elizabeth) Lisa – got it? just like Lisa with an E ok!
- f: Food – Love it! I eat all the time. I usually eat about every 2 or 3 hours. I would have a lot more money if I wasn’t hungry all the time.
- g: Girls – I love my girls. I have so many girl friends its a bit overwhelming. I was recently accused of being a lesbian because of how many pictures I have of myself with different girls. Rest assured I promise I am not, I just have great friends.
- h: Helpful – I love being helpful. I have always been a caretaker type. I try to find ways that I can help out when my friends are in need.
- i: Imaginative – I have always been kind of a dreamer/inventor type. I’m glad that has manifested into a career that allows me to be imaginative.
- j: Joyful – I am joyful most of the time. I think that life is too short to spend time unhappy. Life is Now!
- k: Knowledgeable – Yeah I know stuff! Actually I really am an intellectual type. I make quirky, silly comments a lot on this blog just for fun but I was always considered the smart kid in class. AND I’m a blonde, so ha!
- l: Loving – I am pretty loving, not as much as others. I am working on that.
- m: Michelle – that’s my middle name. My stepmom is named Lesa (pronounced Lisa) so at my dad’s house it gets too confusing if I go by my first name. I have been called many variations of the name Michelle – Mikey seems the be the one that stuck. That’s Mikey, as in “Mikey likes it” not MiCKey as in Mickey mouse.
- n: Nerd – I am a big nerd. I am a blonde computer nerd. Actually I’m a Mac loving nerd I DO NOT like PCs.
- o: Observant – I am very observant and I love to be an observer. I love watching and analyzing people. I have fun trying to figure people out.
- p: Pink – love it! I am the ultimate girlie girl. I love clothes and shoes and purses. They just don’t love my bank account.
- q: Quotes – I absolutely love great quotes. In college I had my whole closet door covered in post it notes with fun quotes on them. I added some of my favorite random quotes on the side bar. Right now I have this quote in my wallet …
Excellence is not a singular act, but a habit. You are what you repeatedly do. – Shaquille O’Neal
- r: Reserved – I am pretty reserved when I first meet people. The shyness wears off after I get to know someone but sometimes that takes a while.
- s: Singing – most people don’t know that I am a singer. I absolutely love music. I have been singing on stage since I was 5 years old. My biggest solo performance was in front of 1,500 people. My most prestigious was singing with my high school choir at Carnegie Hall in December of 1999.
- t: Tristan – I have a half brother who is the coolest, we are 14 years different in age but he is almost as tall as me. That could be because
myour dad is 6’5″.
- u: Unique – I love learning about people’s uniquenessessess. One of mine is I make up words.
- v: Visionary – I am a visionary. I love to make plans and goals for the future.
- w: Wine – I love me some wine, mostly red, mostly Cab but really I love wine.
- x: X-height – I am a graphic designer so I know weird words like that and I use them in everyday conversation. In case you were wondering what x-height means – check here.
- y: Yesterday – I try not to live in the past. I believe that everything happens for a reason so I don’t see a point in dwelling on yesterday. I do however, love the song Yesterday.
- z: Zodiac – I am an Aquarius. What are you? Oh and my first dorm room was decorated in Zebra print.
How ’bout you pick a letter and tell me something random about you.
I’m off to design a new blog theme since it is no longer October.